|Captain’s Day||Format decided by the current Captain||All categories|
|Cross Country||Stableford better-ball played on a modified course. 90% of handicap, after ladies receive three additional shots. All players play from the marked tees. Start from 1st or 8th holes according to the card. Juniors with a handicap of 12 or below may play with an adult.||All categories|
|Club Stableford||Singles mixed Stableford competition held on a weekend day. Full handicap. Men use the men’s card, ladies use the ladies’ card.||All categories|
|Horace Rawlins Medal||Singles mixed Medal competition held on a weekend day. Full handicap. Men use the men’s card, ladies use the ladies’ card.||All categories|
|Texas Scramble||Medal competition for teams of four over 18 holes. Each team playing a team medal to record one score at each hole.|
- Teams shall consist of 4 adult members, any combination (e.g. 4 men, 4 ladies, 3 men + 1 lady etc.)
- Men play from white tees, Ladies play from red tees.
- All team members play a tee shot. The players then decide which ball they wish to proceed with.
- Each member of the team MUST have a minimum of three tee shots selected and the tee shot used must be indicated on the scorecard. In the event that the team member`s tee shot must be used and it is driven out of bounds or lost, except in the hazard, then that team member must play again from the tee or otherwise, under penalty.
- The player whose ball is chosen must mark the position of his ball and then play the next shot first.
- The remaining team members must, before playing, place (when on the fairway) or drop (when not on the fairway) their ball within 6 inches of the marked position of the chosen ball, If the ball comes to rest nearer the hole or rolls outside two club lengths from the original spot, it shall be re-dropped. If the same situation arises the ball must then be placed where it struck the ground. Play will proceed to the green in this manner.
- On the putting green all members of the team will putt from the same spot. This will first be marked with the ball marker, a putter head away from the chosen ball, but not nearer the hole. The selected ball must be putted first.
- If the first putt misses, it must not be tapped in before the remaining team members have putted from the original spot. The first ball holed records the team score for that hole.
- Record the gross score on each hole. Two members of the team to sign the card.
- Handicap allowance – 4 players – 1/10 of combined playing handicaps. (E.g. if handicaps are 7, 12, 22, 25 the handicap allowance is 66/10 = 6.6). Please ensure each player’s handicap is recorded on the card. Ladies add two strokes on their playing handicap.
- The exact handicap is deducted from the gross medal score at the end of the round.
- The winners will be determined by the team with the lowest exact net score.
- Ties will be decided on card countback over the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes.
|Turkey Trot||Pairs stableford better-ball 90% handicap. Played on a Saturday in November. Men play from white tees, Ladies play from red tees. Ladies use ladies’ card. Sign-up in book in Pro Shop. Ties will be decided on card countback over the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes.||All adult categories in any combination|
|Vaughan Vases||Family Foursomes played on first Bank Holiday in May. Pairs are members of the same family, one must be an adult, e.g. husband/wife/parent/child, uncle/aunt/nephew/niece. Includes step children and unmarried partners living at same address. Can be members of same household if both club members. ½ combined handicap, ladies add two strokes before applying 1/2 factor and use men`s card. Men and junior boys with handicaps up to 28 use white tees. Junior boys with handicaps 28-36 use yellow tees. Ladies and junior girls use red tees. Juniors do not pay competition fee. Guests may play with appropriate green fee payment and can win the competition, but only club members may win Board competition. Sign-up sheet in lobby.||All categories|
|Three Club Challenge||15 hole singles Stableford held on New Year’s Day. Yellow tees. 90% of handicap. Ladies' use ladies card and play from red tees. Only two clubs and a putter may be used. Holes not used are 7, 8, and 9. Sign-up book in Pro-Shop. Ties will be decided on card countback over the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes.||All adult categories|