Local Winter Rules
As from the 1st October until 30th April (inclusive or as course conditions warrant) ‘Winter Rules’ are in operation and the following applies:
When a player's ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
• Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
• Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the reference point, but with these limits:
• Limits on Location of Relief Area:
• Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
• Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
Penalty for Playing from a Wrong Place in Breach of Local Rule: General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a.
GENERAL PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE:
Loss of hole in match play or two penalty strokes in stroke play.
Rule 14.1c - Players should be aware that when proceeding under this local rule the lifted ball may be cleaned.