Mid Herts is passionate about introducing juniors (aged 5-18) to golf whilst at the same time letting them have fun. We partner with the Golf Foundation, a national charitable organisation, to enable us to provide children with an excellent opportunity to learn golf and to develop their skills. We follow The Golf Foundations Junior Passport System, the national structured learning programme for children which is endorsed by the PGA. It has three key levels: START, LEARN and PLAY.
As a Club we are very proud of our Junior Section, and we always aim to provide a safe, welcoming and exciting environment for all abilities and backgrounds. We hope it is a place where they can make friends, have fun and gain great skills to take forward in life.
Junior membership includes:
- Two 50 minute group lessons every month with our Pro, as part of our Junior Academy
- Roll up’s on non-lesson weeks (for those that are “course ready”) subject to weather and volunteer availability
- Access to all club and course facilities
- Support to gain handicaps from the red or yellow tees (our blue tees are rated for practice purposes)
- A full calendar of events which includes competitions for players with and without a handicap
We pride ourselves with bringing through some remarkably talented junior golfers who are now playing in the professional ranks. Four of these have gone on to become national amateur winners.
Our membership year runs from 1st May – 30th April. Fees for the current year 2023/24 are:
- Up to age 11: £75.25
- Age 12-18: £135.25
Should you wish to book extra private lessons (at additional cost) on either an individual or group basis, then please contact Barney Puttick: firstname.lastname@example.org or book a lesson with him here.
If you have any other questions please contact our Junior Organiser, Lisa Bunyan on 07508 311732 or email email@example.com