Mid Herts Golf club
The R&A have issued guidance as to how to ensure ‘safe golf’ during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CLICK HERE to view the guidance notes.
The guidelines require safe procedures to be implemented from arrival in the car park shortly before the round to departure straight away on completion of the round. Maintaining social distancing is essential.
The Clubhouse, Locker Rooms and Pro Shop will remain closed but there will be access to the disabled toilet to the rear of the clubhouse. The Practice Facility in the Field, Putting Green, Practice Nets & Shoe Cleaning Area are all unavailable.
Before your round of golf you should remain in your cars so that you only leave enough time to reach your tee on time and prevent any gatherings around the clubhouse area.
Similarly after completion of your round of golf you must leave the course and the club immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse area.
1. These will be for 1 or 2 balls only. The government advises that for 2 balls the individuals do not need to be from the same household.
2. There will be 10 minute intervals between the tee times.
3. Starting points will be from the 1st and 10th tees only.
4. On weekdays the morning starting times will be from 08:30 to 10:00 at 10 minute intervals allowing 10 tee times on both the 1st and 10th tees. This will be followed by a further 10 tee times on both the 1st and 10th tees from 12:00 to 13:30. And finally there will be tee times from the 1st tee only from 15:30 until the end of the day.
5. On weekends the morning starting times will be from 08:00 to 9.30 allowing 13 tee times on both the 1st and 10th tees. This will be followed by 10 tee times on both the 1st and 10th tees from 11.30 to 13:00. This will be further followed by 10 tee times on both the 1st and 10th tees from 15:00 to 16.30. And finally there will be tee times from the 1st tee only from 18.30 until the end of the day.
Tee time bookings can be made up to a maximum of 7 days in advance.
Members may only book 2 tee times per week in advance at present and this will be subject to ongoing review. Please note that you can book a spare tee time 'On The Day' and 'Current Day' does not count towards your 2 bookings
All Bookings must be made through Intelligent Golf either on the Mid Herts website or through the iG Member App on a mobile phone (if you have any problems please contact Joy in the office).
A booking can be made;
1. By a member wishing to play on their own.
2. By a member who has a playing partner and wishes to book on behalf of both.
For those members who do not have a playing partner and wish to be paired up (new members please note) please contact Joy in the office.
Please note the following;
The Ladies Section will have priority booking on Tuesday mornings.
Our Senior Section and specifically our 70+ and vulnerable members will have priority booking on Wednesday mornings (commencing 20 May).
There will only be 2 tee positions per hole – the red and the white (wherever positioned on the day).
Please remember that we have been allowed to play social golf and not competitive golf so please play within the time allocated and respect other members and staff on the course. In this respect please also remember that both starting points are for 1 and 2 balls.
Most importantly please be aware that we will keep our golf under constant review and will update you on a regular basis in respect of any changes to government policy or guidance from England Golf which may affect our club.